Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Justice

Yesterday was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my entire life. To see a black man in office is a dream not only for my Black brothers and sisters, but for me as a latino as well. Even though I was born in Brooklyn yesterday was the day I became an American. For my whole life I never once felt like anyone in this country gave a fuck about me or any of us. Not just blacks and latinos, but immigrants and everyone who wasn't the ruling class. I aint saying racism is over; its alive and well unfortunately and so is classism, but we can do it now. To my people told that they could never been anything besides criminals and failures, to all my people who came up in a public school system in that made it seem as though college wasn't an option, to my people who bust their ass to make a living with no help from anyone while the rich catch more and more breaks, to all of us who were told we weren't good enough; this is the opening of a new chapter. I have been told my whole life that I was no good by people who didn't even know me, and I know I am not the only one. Now I know that me in college isn't some freak accident, I am here because I can be a force to change the world, we all can in college or not. Nothing can stop us now. Nothing.

BUSHWICK BROOKLYN-
Photobucket

Peace to President Obama and his family. Thanks for giving someone raised on a history of broken promises something to believe in again.


No comments: